Compare Mortgage Protection Quotes
Instantly compare the market to find the best mortgage protection deal for you! Offering all quote options, we only ever recommend the best coverage at the lowest fixed price! You will automatically receive your quote and customer guide via email, allowing digital application and swift online policy delivery!
The following terms of business agreement outline the terms and conditions on which we will provide services to you. It is important that you read this document carefully. These Terms of Business set out the general terms under which our firm will provide business services to you and the respective duties and responsibilities of both the firm and you in relation to such services. Please ensure that you read these terms thoroughly and if you have any queries we will be happy to clarify them. If any material changes are made to these terms we will update this page and we will notify you.One Quote Financial Brokers provide trusted financial advice based on best value market comparison with minimum protection premiums and investment product charges. We conduct fact-finds, financial reviews, and investment risk assessments as appropriate and to match client needs.
1. Authorisation with the Central Bank of IrelandOne Quote Financial Brokers Ltd, trading as One Quote is registered with the Central Bank as an Insurance Intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005. Copies of our regulatory authorisations are available on request. The Central Bank of Ireland holds registers of regulated firms. You may contact the Central Bank of Ireland on 1890 777 777 or alternatively visit their website at www.centralbank.ie to verify our credentials.
2. Codes of ConductOne Quote Financial Brokers Ltd is subject to the Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code and Fitness & Probity Standards which offer protection to consumers. These Codes can be found on the Central Bank’s website: www.centralbank.ie.
3. Our ServicesAs a regulated financial broker, our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients resident in the Republic of Ireland in relation to Life & Pensions and Investment products. To your advantage and unlike other financial brokers, we not only compare the market for the most suited personal solutions but, offer you full-term discounts on all direct priced protection (life insurance products), together with reduced provider charges on all pension & investment plans recommended. In choosing to use our free online market comparison quotation services, you agree to us contacting you via email to verify your quote and provide product details, as well as to us contacting you by telephone to discuss the suitability of your quote.
- Mortgage Protection
- Life Assurance
- Specified Serious Illness Cover
- Income Protection
- Inheritance Tax Insurance Provision
- Business Protection - (Key Person, Co-Directors and Partnership Insurance).
- Investment Bonds
- Childrens Regular Savings Plans
- Executive Pensions
- Personal Pensions
- Pensions Bonds
- Approved Retirement Funds - AMFR'S & ARF's
- PRSA Group Schemes
- Occupational Group Pension Schemes
Life Insurance company agencies held at present include:
- Irish Life
- New Ireland
- Royal London
- Zurich Life
4. Fair & Personal Analysis
The concept of fair analysis is derived from the Insurance Mediation Directive. It describes the extent of the choice of products and provider offered by an intermediary within a particular category of life assurance, or a specialist area. The number of contracts and providers considered must be sufficiently large to enable an intermediary to recommend a product that would be adequate to meet a client’s needs.
The number of providers that constitutes ‘sufficiently large’ will vary depending on the number of providers operating in the market for a particular product or service and their relative importance in and share of that market. The extent of fair analysis must be such that it could be reasonably expected of a professional conducting business, taking into account the accessibility of information and product placement to intermediaries and the cost of the search.
In order to ensure that the number of contracts and provider is sufficiently large to constitute a fair and personal analysis of the market, we will consider the following criteria:
- The needs of the customer;
- The number of providers in the market that deal with brokers;
- The market shares of each of those providers;
- The number of relevant products available from each provider;
- The availability of information about the products;
- The quality of the product and service provided by the provider.
We will provide assistance to you for any queries you may have in relation to the policies and at the point of sale or in the event of a claim during the life of your policy, we will explain to you the various conditions and any exclusions or restrictions that may be attached to your policy.
However, it is your responsibility to read the policy documents, literature and brochures to ensure that you understand the nature of the policy cover; particularly in relation to Income Protection and Serious Illness Cover policies.
Specifically, on the subject of Income Protection policies we will explain to you; (a) the meaning of disability as defined in the policy; (b) the benefits available under the policy; (c) the general exclusions that apply to the policy; and (d) the reductions applied to the benefit where there are disability payments from other sources.
For a Serious Illness Cover policy, we will explain clearly to you any restrictions, conditions and general exclusions that attach to that policy and the importance of full and true disclosure at point of any existing health conditions you may already have.
5. Protection Quotations & Free Months Cover
All protection site discounted quotations (Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Serious Illness Cover, Income Protection) are valid for a minimum period of 30 days but may change due to the occurrence of a birthday, prior to the starting date.
Quotations for life insurance including serious illness cover and income protection insurance are indicative based on standard health rates and full policy term discounts. All quotations are subject to health underwriting and acceptance by the insurer concerned upon receipt of proposal forms and relevant documentation, including full application disclosure.
Please note full disclosure of all material facts should be made including medical history and claims. Failure to disclose all relevant information could result in your policy being canceLled claims not being paid, difficulty in getting insurance elsewhere.
You can complete your application form online once you have a PDF reader, you can also print sign and scan the declaration pages and direct debit mandates, or using a digital signature.
The offer of the first month free where applicable is subject to the insurer in question maintaining their free month offer and in accordance with their own company terms. Where free cover applies through Royal London your policy must issue within 30 days of application. Aviva policies you will be on free coverage for the first month from your chosen policy start date. For Zurich Life, the free cover period runs from the policy issue date to the first direct debit date. Zurich policies with a start date of the 1st of the subsequent month can enjoy free cover form policy issue date, right up to the 15th the following month. Currently, Irish Life nor New Ireland allows a free cover period.
One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd, reserve the right to amend our discounted percentage levels as they apply to market conditions at any time. Written proof must be provided of a cheaper like for like quote, for any additional discount to apply.
6. Regular Life Insurance ReviewIt is in your interest that you review, on a regular basis, the products which we have arranged for you. As your circumstances change, your needs will change. You must advise us of those changes and request a review of the relevant policy so that we can ensure that you are provided with up to date advice and products best suited to your needs. Failure to contact us in relation to changes to your circumstances or failure to request a review may result in you having insufficient insurance cover.
7. Regular Investment Product ReviewWe will provide annual assessments of the suitability of the insurance-based investment product which we have recommended to you. You will be personally assessed with regard to your attitude to investment risk on each and any lump sum investment or pension investment we arrange, but should your circumstances or risk attitude change you may also contact us anytime to discuss a free fund switch.
8. Financial Broker RemunerationOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited may receive remuneration by way of commission from the life insurance companies with whom we place protection (life insurance products), pension, and investment business on your behalf. A direct fee may be payable for early protection application cancellation or post-acceptance terms, where the commission is clawed back from us, or for certain consulting and advisory services. For full details please visit our remuneration breakdown.
9. Existing Policy CancellationShould a client wish to cancel any existing pension or investment policy at any time post the initial 30-day cooling-off period, early encashment fees may be imposed by the product provider as outlined in the policy conditions provided. In the case of a protection policy including Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Serious Illness Cover and Income Protection no provider fee will be imposed by the product provider, but a flat charge of €50.00 will be payable to One Quote. We are not responsible for cancelling any policies held outside our agency for which you are choosing to replace. Remember never cancel your existing protection policy until it has been confirmed that your new policy is on cover.
10. Rights of Early CancellationYou have the right to withdrawal from your life, pension, or investment contract within 30 from your policy inceptions date. To withdraw within this time written instruction from one or other policyholder must be sent to One Quote via letter or email. Any monies paid to the product provider/insurer will be then refunded accordingly and no cancellation fee will apply.
11. Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd t/a One Quote to avoid a conflict of interest when providing services to clients. Where an unavoidable conflict arises we will advise you of this in writing before providing any business services. If you have not been made aware of any such conflict you may assume that none arises.
12. Default Remedies
Product providers are entitled to withdraw benefit or cover on default of any payments due under any products arranged for your benefit. It is therefore critical to the guaranteed continuance of your insurance that your premium is paid in full. Some insurers may include as a term of the insurance a settlement due date or in some cases a warranty under the terms of which the premium must be paid to them by a certain date. We inform our clients of such requirements and the relevant date in good time to allow the payment terms to be met.
Failure to comply with the terms of the warranty may mean that the insurer’s obligation under the policy will be terminated. We will automatically advise you of any payments outstanding on your policy and the consequences of failure to pay premiums. An outline of the action and remedies which the relevant product producers may take in the event of default by a client is included in the product producer’s policy document.
13. Investors Compensation Scheme
One Quote is a member of the Investor Compensation Company Ltd (ICCL) Scheme established under the Investor Compensation Act, 1998 (as amended) (the "Act"). A right to compensation will only arise where money or investment instruments held by us on your behalf cannot be returned either for the time being or for the foreseeable future and where you fall within the definition of an eligible investor as contained in the Act. In the event that a right to compensation is established, the amount payable is the lesser of 90% of your loss, which is recognised as being eligible for compensation, or €20,000.
We will use your personal information only for the purpose for which you provide it. All such information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that persons employed by us are aware of and comply with such legislation. We would like to be able to contact you by way of telephone, letter or email, in relation to any products which we might consider to be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to provide you with details of possible additional products, please let us know.
15. Complaints Procedure
If you would like to talk to us about how we could improve our service, or if you are unhappy with the service you are receiving, please let us know by telephoning or writing to us. Any complaints will be responded to in writing. We will carefully consider any complaint as soon as we receive it and do all we can to explain the position to you. If we do not answer your complaint to your satisfaction, you may, of course, take up the matter with the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Pensions Ombudsman. We will respond to any compliant within 5 working days in writing.
16. Data Protection
We are subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003. The data which you provide to us will be held on a computer database and or paper files for the purpose of arranging transactions on your behalf. The data will be processed only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given.
Client AcknowledgementTerms of Business In proceeding to transact business, you have acknowledged that you have been provided with a copy of the Terms of Business of One Financial Brokers Ltd t/a One Quote and confirm that you have read, accept and understand them.
One Quote Financial Brokers trading as One QuoteOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and would like you to feel safe when you give us your personal details albeit through our website, via email or post. Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to Life, Pension and Investment products. To provide you with relevant information, provide a financial services product, and respond to your requests, we will request that you provide us with information about yourself and the products/service you require. This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used and for long we maintain your data. One Quote Financial BrokersLimited complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, and retention of all personal data.
Name and Contact Details of our firmOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited 11 James's Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin (T): 01 845 0049 (E): [email protected]
Types and categories of personal data heldWe gather record and hold information on you in order to provide you with a product/service. Information required to provide you with a professional service and/or investment, pension or insurance product(s) will be recorded.
Use of the information we gatherWhen we collect personal information about you, we tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with it. You will have the option of not providing the information, although, in these instances, you may not be able to access certain products/services. Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is in order to be able to provide you with a retail financial product. We require the information from you in order to assist our firm to ascertain your actual needs/requirements.
Retention of your Personal DataData will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained – upon lapsing or cancellation of a policy our company policy is to retain our client data for 7 years in order to fulfill our obligations under the Central Bank of Ireland's Consumer Protection Code 2012 and our obligations under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010.
Sharing information with third partiesPersonal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, including the data collected in relation to contracts of insurance with insurers for which we act as insurance and investment intermediaries – we share this data with the product providers we hold agencies with. We do not share your data with any other 3rd party.
Data securityOne Quote Financial Brokers LimitedLimited intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information, only use the data for the purpose that is was collected for and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. GDPR sets out the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- The right to have your personal information sent directly to yourself or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected.
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have information erased
The right to complain to the DPCIf you are not satisfied with how we store your client data or fail to satisfy a Data request you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner, see contact details below: Data Protection Commissioner, 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland Lo-Call Number: 1890 252 231 Fax: +353 57 868 4757 E-mail: [email protected]
CookiesA cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer, or mobile, device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read, the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will usually contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. You can visit the One Quote Website without revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. In this case, our web servers may collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet and the website you came from and visit next. This information is used by us to measure the performance of the site and to generate other statistics about visitors to our website in general. We may also use this data to make the site easier and more convenient to use.For more information on cookie use within this site, please click here
Contact InformationIf you have any queries, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Finding your best value quote!
Compare mortgage protection quotes with Ireland's most comprehensive mortgage protection comparison calculator.
Our free mortgage protection insurance quotes comparison calculator lets you easily compare quotes and policies from all of Ireland’s leading insurers, including; Aviva, Irish Life, New Ireland, Royal London, and Zurich Life.
So, no matter whether you’d like single or dual cover policy or a policy with added serious illness cover or conversion flexibility, our quote engine will search the market to produce your cheapest and most comprehensive quote in seconds!
All quotes include full policy term discount and you can quickly apply online or over the phone!
Learn more from our short video or go ahead and run your quotes now!