Confused about Life Insurance?
th Aug 2016 |
Below, I have outlined the maximum length of time your policy can, or should last and list the different types of guaranteed fixed cost life insurance policies from the cheapest to most expensive:
Simply click on the policy cover titles, at the start of each sentence to obtain your best value market comparison quotes, which now include added on-line discounts:
- Mortgage Protection – needed only until end of mortgage loan term. Suited to capital and interest repayment mortgages.
- Guaranteed Term – you can get life cover over to run up to age 90. A continuation option (for shorter run policies) will allow later policy term extension, without fresh medical evidence. Most suited to families needing to protect their family’s income during and after their working life.
- Extending – Guaranteed Term – offers cover to age 85, but maintains a funeral cover on a whole of life basis. Although you stop paying premiums at age 85, this cover element will remain valid for as long as you live
- Guaranteed – Whole of Life Cover – offers cover throughout life, but tends to be very expensive. Most suited for payment of inheritance taxes, by inheriting dependants after life assured’s death.
- Over 50’s Life – Whole of Life Cover – cover limited to €25,000, but with no medical information required. Best suited to smokers with pre-existing medical issues.
Reviewable – Whole of Life Cover – thankfully no longer available for new business, these policies undergo price reviews after 10 years and then every 5 years thereafter. We recommend investigating a switch to a fixed priced option.
Should have any additional questions, please give me a call on: 01 845 0049
Ken O’Gorman – QFA
OneQuote.ie | Smart Financial Protection