Please read the following carefully.
Cookies and what they do
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Some cookies are only placed on your device for the time you are browsing the website. Others may be stored on your device and sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies are commonly used by websites to remember some aspects of your current or previous visit. This could include things like the choices you’ve made or the preferences you’ve chosen during your visit. Websites commonly do this in order to improve or tailor your current and future visits to that site or other related sites.
One example maybe when you visit a site that you have been to before, that site may use a cookie to check what information you’ve looked at previously to get an idea of the topics that may be of interest to you.
One Quote and cookies
- Store details that help you to manage accounts and policies online, such as user login details
- Find out how people use our sites, such as how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on so that we can improve our sites.
- Help us to provide relevant information, such as details of products, services and other information that you may be interested in
- Store information about which media players you use so that any video content appears correctly
We do not use any cookies to store any personal data or other data that could be used to identify you as an individual.
Accepting or rejecting cookies
Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would prefer we did not collect data by this method, you can disable this function within your browser settings. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
- Collect information that will help us to distinguish visitors, to understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website and to improve their experience.
- Compile statistical reports on website activity e.g. numbers of visitors and the pages they visit.
- Collect information that will allow us to tailor advertising to make it more relevant for you, based on your previous interactions with our website.
- Remember information about you when you visit our site. Some of the cookies are essential in order to provide our services to you.
How to turn off cookies
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do turn them off, it is important to remember that you may not be able to use all of the services on our website.
Google Analytics Usage
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website. We use it to track how users navigate through our website e.g. what pages are performing well/badly, what browsers perform best, the average time a person spends on our website etc.
Google Adwords Conversion Tracking allows us to determine our best performing Adwords campaigns. The conversion tracking involves placing a cookie on a user’s computer when he/she clicks on an ad. Then, if the user clicks on our ad and reaches one of our conversion pages, a successful conversion is recorded.
For further information on cookies and how you can adjust settings in your browser, click ‘HELP’ on your browser.
If you have any queries about our cookies please contact us at [email protected]