Compare Mortgage Protection Quotes
- We compare all mortgage protection providers to ensure the very best quotes!
- The first month is free, with a guarantee of beating any competitor quote!
- Our discounts offer savings of up to 25% over the full term of your mortgage!
- Dual Life Mortgage Protection Insurance now available at no extra cost!
- Our exclusive price lock-in allows you hold your discounted price to loan drawdown!
1. Authorisation with the Central Bank of IrelandOne Quote Financial Brokers Ltd, trading as One Quote is registered with the Central Bank as an Insurance Intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005. Copies of our regulatory authorisations are available on request. The Central Bank of Ireland holds registers of regulated firms. You may contact the Central Bank of Ireland on 1890 777 777 or alternatively visit their website at www.centralbank.ie to verify our credentials.
2. Codes of ConductOne Quote Financial Brokers Ltd is subject to the Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code and Fitness & Probity Standards which offer protection to consumers. These Codes can be found on the Central Bank’s website: www.centralbank.ie.
3. Our ServicesAs a regulated financial broker, our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients resident in the Republic of Ireland in relation to life & pensions and investment products. The products which we offer include: Protection
- Mortgage Protection
- Life Assurance
- Specified Serious Illness
- Income Protection
- Inheritance Tax Provision
- Business Protection - (Key Person, Co-Directors and Partnership).
- Investment Bonds
- Private Pension Plans
- Pensions Bonds
- Approved Retirement Funds - AMFR'S & ARF's
- Friends First
- Irish Life
- New Ireland
- Royal London
- Zurich Life
4. Fair & Personal AnalysisThe concept of fair analysis is derived from the Insurance Mediation Directive. It describes the extent of the choice of products and provider offered by an intermediary within a particular category of life assurance, or a specialist area. The number of contracts and providers considered must be sufficiently large to enable an intermediary to recommend a product that would be adequate to meet a client’s needs. The number of providers that constitutes ‘sufficiently large’ will vary depending on the number of providers operating in the market for a particular product or service and their relative importance in and share of that market. The extent of fair analysis must be such that could be reasonably expected of a professional conducting business, taking into account the accessibility of information and product placement to intermediaries and the cost of the search. In order to ensure that the number of contracts and provider is sufficiently large to constitute a fair and personal analysis of the market, we will consider the following criteria:
- The needs of the customer;
- The number of providers in the market that deal with brokers;
- The market shares of each of those providers;
- The number of relevant products available from each provider;
- The availability of information about the products;
- The quality of the product and service provided by the provider.
5. Protection Quotations & Free CoverAll protection site discounted quotations (Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Serious Illness Cover, Income Protection) are valid for a period of up to 30 days but may change due to the occurrence of a birthday, prior to starting date. Quotations for insurance are indicative only. All quotations are subject to acceptance by the insurer concerned upon receipt of proposal forms and relevant documentation, including full application disclosure. Please note full disclosure of all material facts should be made including medical history and claims. Failure to disclose all relevant information could result in your policy being canceled, claims not being paid, difficulty in getting insurance elsewhere. You can complete your application form online once you have a PDF reader, you can also print sign and scan the declaration pages and direct debit mandates, or using a digital signature. The offer of the first month free, where applicable is subject to the insurer in question maintaining the free month offer. Where free cover applies, with Royal London and Aviva policies you will be on free cover for the first month from your chosen policy start date. For Zurich Life, the free cover period runs from the policy issue date to the first direct debit date. Zurich policies with a start date of the 1st of the subsequent month can enjoy free cover form policy issue date, right up to the 15th the following month. Currently Irish Life, Friends First nor New Ireland allow a free cover period. One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd, reserve the right to amend our discounted percentage levels as they apply to market conditions at any time. Written proof must be provided of a cheaper like for like quote, for any additional discount to apply.
6. Regular Life Insurance ReviewIt is in your interests that you review, on a regular basis, the products which we have arranged for you. As your circumstances change, your needs will change. You must advise us of those changes and request a review of the relevant policy so that we can ensure that you are provided with up to date advice and products best suited to your needs. Failure to contact us in relation to changes to your circumstances or failure to request a review may result in you having insufficient insurance cover.
7. Regular Investment Product ReviewWe will provide periodic assessments of the suitability of the insurance-based investment product which we have recommended to you. You will be personally assessed with regard to your attitude to investment risk on each and any lump sum investment or pension investment we arrange, but should your circumstances or risk attitude change you may also contact us anytime to discuss to free fund switch.
8. Broker RemunerationOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited receives our remuneration by way of commission from the life insurance companies with whom we place protection, pension and investment business on your behalf. Where we receive a recurring commission, this may form part of the standard remuneration for initial advice provided on protection business and for a level of ongoing support on investment and pensions business, as outlined and agreed with you at the business outset. Protection Advice Any commissions we receive from our product providers are reduced by One Quote to allow for a reduction in the insurers standard price. All protection products including Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Serious Illness Cover and Income Protection are offered on a fixed discounted price, as a result of our reduced commission payments. Personal & Executive Pension - Advice All pension investments which we arrange are done so a low-cost basis, meaning no contribution related charges and 100% net investment allocation at all times. For advising on and later setting up your Executive Pension Plan, we will receive an initial once off commission from the product provider. Any ongoing commissions will be dependent on your need for regular monitoring and performance reviews and where applicable a fund based charge of 0.25% may apply, subject to a maximum total fund charge of 1.00% PA. Personal Retirement Savings Account - (PRSA) Advice All PRSA investments which we arrange are done so a low-cost basis advice basis, meaning non-restricted access to all fund managers made available. For advising on and later setting up your PRSA, we will receive an initial once off commission from the product provider, with no ongoing trail commission. The total fund manager charge for advice based PRSA'a is 1% PA. Contribution charges of between 2-3% may also apply. Investment Advice - Lump Sums All lump sum investments which we arrange are done so a low-cost basis, meaning no contribution related charges and 100% actual net investment allocation at all times. For advising on and later setting up your investment we will receive an initial once off commission from the product provider. Any ongoing commissions will be dependent on your need for regular monitoring and performance reviews and where applicable a fund based charge of up to 0.25% may apply. Existing Investment Audits Where we are requested to carry out an audit of any existing pension, lump sum investment or ARF investments, this work will include arranging broker authority and gathering full product information, together with recommending and carrying out any alterations to amend risk and reduce ongoing charges as appropriate. Our fee for this audit service is €250.00 per hour and will be invoiced directly and accordingly. Full Financial Review A flat fee of €350 is charged if you require an individual detailed financial report produced in conjunction with a full financial review.
9. Post Application Return - Chargeable EventsIn any circumstances where you the customer decide to proceed with an application thereby engaging our services, but then choose not to proceed with your policy, cancel your policy within the first year or you are postponed by the life company due to personal medical issues, a flat fee once off fee of €120.00 will be chargeable and invoiced directly. Where the production of a decline letter is requested a flat fee once off fee of €150.00 will be chargeable and invoiced directly. Full details of any known medical condition must be disclosed on any protection application and such issues may be discussed with a One Quote Financial Adviser in advance of application return for advice free of charge. No fee is chargeable for policy cancellation after 12 months from policy start date.
10. Conflicts of InterestIt is the policy of One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd t/a One Quote to avoid a conflict of interest when providing services to clients. Where an unavoidable conflict arises we will advise you of this in writing before providing any business services. If you have not been made aware of any such conflict you may assume that none arises.
11. Default RemediesProduct providers are entitled to withdraw benefit or cover on default of any payments due under any products arranged for your benefit. It is therefore critical to the guaranteed continuance of your insurance that your premium is paid in full. Some insurers may include as a term of the insurance a settlement due date or in some cases a warranty under the terms of which the premium must be paid to them by a certain date. We inform our clients of such requirements and the relevant date in good time to allow the payment terms to be met. Failure to comply with the terms of the warranty may mean that the insurer’s obligation under the policy will be terminated. We will automatically advise you of any payments outstanding on your policy and the consequences of failure to pay premiums. An outline of the action and remedies which the relevant product producers may take in the event of default by a client is included in the product producer’s policy document.
12. Investors Compensation SchemeOne Quote is a member of the Investor Compensation Company Ltd (ICCL) scheme established under the Investor Compensation Act, 1998 (as amended) (the "Act"). A right to compensation will only arise where money or investment instruments held by us on your behalf cannot be returned either for the time being or for the foreseeable future and where you fall within the definition of an eligible investor as contained in the Act. In the event that a right to compensation is established, the amount payable is the lesser of 90% of your loss, which is recognised as being eligible for compensation, or €20,000.
13. ConfidentialityWe will use your personal information only for the purpose for which you provide it. All such information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that persons employed by us are aware of and comply with such legislation. We would like to be able to contact you by way of telephone, letter or email, in relation to any products which we might consider to be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to provide you with details of possible additional products, please let us know.
14. Complaints ProcedureIf you would like to talk to us about how we could improve our service, or if you are unhappy with the service you are receiving, please let us know by telephoning or writing to us. Any complaints will be responded to in writing. We will carefully consider any complaint as soon as we receive it and do all we can to explain the position to you. If we do not answer your complaint to your satisfaction, you may, of course, take up the matter with the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Pensions Ombudsman. We will respond to any compliant within 5 working days in writing.
15. Data ProtectionWe are subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003. The data which you provide to us will be held on a computer database and or paper files for the purpose of arranging transactions on your behalf. The data will be processed only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given.
Client AcknowledgementTerms of Business In proceeding to transact business, you have acknowledged that you have been provided with a copy of the Terms of Business of One Financial Brokers Ltd t/a One Quote and confirm that you have read, accept and understand them.
One Quote Financial Brokers trading as One QuoteOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and would like you to feel safe when you give us your personal details albeit through our website, via email or post. Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to Life, Pension and Investment products. To provide you with relevant information, provide a financial services product, and respond to your requests, we will request that you provide us with information about yourself and the products/service you require. This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used and for long we maintain your data. One Quote Financial BrokersLimited complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, and retention of all personal data.
Name and Contact Details of our firmOne Quote Financial Brokers Limited 11 James's Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin (T): 01 845 0049 (E): [email protected]
Types and categories of personal data heldWe gather record and hold information on you in order to provide you with a product/service. Information required to provide you with a professional service and/or investment, pension or insurance product(s) will be recorded.
Use of the information we gatherWhen we collect personal information about you, we tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with it. You will have the option of not providing the information, although, in these instances, you may not be able to access certain products/services. Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is in order to be able to provide you with a retail financial product. We require the information from you in order to assist our firm to ascertain your actual needs/requirements.
Retention of your Personal DataData will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained – upon lapsing or cancellation of a policy our company policy is to retain our client data for 7 years in order to fulfill our obligations under the Central Bank of Ireland's Consumer Protection Code 2012 and our obligations under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010.
Sharing information with third partiesPersonal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, including the data collected in relation to contracts of insurance with insurers for which we act as insurance and investment intermediaries – we share this data with the product providers we hold agencies with. We do not share your data with any other 3rd party.
Data securityOne Quote Financial Brokers LimitedLimited intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information, only use the data for the purpose that is was collected for and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. GDPR sets out the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- The right to have your personal information sent directly to yourself or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected.
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have information erased
The right to complain to the DPCIf you are not satisfied with how we store your client data or fail to satisfy a Data request you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner, see contact details below: Data Protection Commissioner, 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland Lo-Call Number: 1890 252 231 Fax: +353 57 868 4757 E-mail: [email protected]
CookiesA cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer, or mobile, device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read, the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will usually contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. You can visit the One Quote Website without revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. In this case, our web servers may collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet and the website you came from and visit next. This information is used by us to measure the performance of the site and to generate other statistics about visitors to our website in general. We may also use this data to make the site easier and more convenient to use.For more information on cookie use within this site, please click here
Contact InformationIf you have any queries, please contact us by email at [email protected]
We discount the lowest market price!
Find the best value mortgage protection insurance quotes with Ireland’s most comprehensive quote calculator.
Mortgage protection is a must-have on all Irish residential properties, but you don’t have to go with your bank and you’re free to shop around!
Our free mortgage protection comparison service lets you easily compare prices and benefits from all of Ireland’s leading insurers, allowing you to opt for just life cover or a policy that also includes serious illness cover.
It’s easy to use, 100% impartial and accurate.
Whether you’d like a single, joint or dual cover policy or a policy with future cover conversion flexibility, we’ll search the market to produce your best value quote in seconds!