Privacy Statement – GDPR
One Quote Financial Brokers trading as One Quote
One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd respects your right to privacy and complies with our obligations under relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
We take great care with any personal data we hold, so that we provide the highest standard of service to you, whilst taking steps to keep your data secure and to ensure it is only used for the specified, explicit and legitimate purposes stated within this Policy.
It is important that you read this Policy and show it to anyone else who is insured under your policy of insurance, including any joint policyholders.
In circumstances where you provide personal data including special categories of data or sensitive data relating to persons other than you who are or will be insured under your policy of insurance, you are confirming that you have obtained the consent of such other persons to the processing of their personal and special categories of data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Unless otherwise stated, the controller (as defined in the GDPR) of your personal data for all purposes outlined in this Policy is One Quote Financial Brokers Ltd. We can be contacted as follows:
One Quote Financial Brokers Limited
11 James’s Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin
(T): 01-845 0049
(E): [email protected]
Our data protection officer (“DPO”) can provide you with additional information on this Policy and your rights as outlined in Section 7. Their contact details are below:
Data Protection Officer, One Quote Financial Brokers, 11 James’s Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin.
Email: [email protected]
1. One Quote Financial Brokers
We, our, us, One Quote refers to One Quote Financial Brokers Limited trading as One Quote. One Quote Financial Brokers Limited is a private company limited by shares incorporated in Ireland with company number 459006 and having its registered office at 11 James’s Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin, Ireland. We are a registered insurance intermediary and provide Life Insurance services, including savings, investments, and pensions.
2. Information Collection
We collect information from you when you access our website when you request a quote online or over the phone or when you speak to members of our staff. We will only collect information that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes identified within the policy basis requested.
The table below outlines the categories and types of data we collect along with the source of the data. The type of data we collect will depend on the product or service you are availing of. The types of data we collect may change over time; the following table is an indicative list to help you understand the types of data we collect.
The information we collect about you may include the following:
1. Contact and Identifying information, e.g., name, address, contact details; email, mobile, landline.
2. Unique identifiers e.g. PPS number – where tax is payable, or plan tax relief is applicable.
Photo ID – all pension and investment products.
Proof of Address – all pension and investment products.
3. Demographic details, age, gender, marital status, dates of birth, and insurance/ investment requirements.
4. Family and Beneficiary Data, e.g., dependants, next of kin or nominated beneficiaries, Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney. Details of Solicitor/Tax Advisor/Accountant.
5. Employment information e.g., role, employment status (such as full/part-time, contract), salary information, and employment benefits.
6. Publicly available sources: e.g., Information about you in the public domain such as Director information from the Companies Registration Office e.g., date of incorporation.
7. Health information such as information about your health status, medical records and medical assessment outcomes; We collect medical information relating to personal habits (e.g., smoking and consumption of alcohol), medical history. This is necessary for any insurance protection product and may include specific health questionnaires.
8. Existing Pensions, Investment and Insurance Benefits information such as existing private insurance, pension and investment plans, including employer-sponsored plans.
9. Financial details e.g., bank account details and salary details which may include copy payslips in the case of pension plan applications.
10. Health Ratings Data (From you and any relevant third parties). Information on any previous health-related premium ratings.
11. Annual Reviews: We contact all clients on an annual basis to discuss the continued suitability of the insurance, pension and investment-related products, held through our agencies. Where applicable updated personal and financial circumstances may be recorded across items 1-10 as detailed above.
13. Social media information (e.g., likes and posts) with our social media presence; this includes LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google Reviews, and Site Testimonials.
14. Calculators on our website. We use this data to perform calculations to prepare quotations for protection plans which include Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Serious Illness Cover and Income Protection Insurance.
When our organisation collects sensitive personal data as defined within the GDPR we will ensure that we require this information, and we have your explicit consent and/or authorisation prior to our collection. Please see the further information contained in this Privacy Notice that outlines special categories of personal data.
Information we automatically collect.
3. How do we use your personal data?
Your Personal Data will be used to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations in relation to your request for investment, protection, pension products, independent financial advice, and quotes.
1. Performing services for our clients and prospective clients – when you require protection/investment products, we use your data to enable us to provide the required product.
2. Statutory and other regulatory requirements – we are required to carry out various obligations which include:
• AML/Sanction checking
• Knowing your customer – Product Specific “Fact Find”
• Knowing your client – Product Specific “Full Financial Review”
• Adherence to the Consumer Protection Code
3. Communicate and marketing to you – We may from time to time with your express permission, email, write or telephone you with respect to special offers or regarding additional product areas in which you have already expressed an interest. For all existing clients, we also receive an annual review where applicable.
4. Process claims – insurance protection claims, which relate to life insurance, serious illness, accident, or disability should be notified to us in the first instance via telephone after which they will be passed on to the relevant users’ claim team.
5. To contact you if required or to respond to any communications that you might send to us. Our first point of contact will be by telephone, followed up via email.
6. To administer our site including data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
7. Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request.
10. Handling complaints.
11. To notify you about changes to our service.
3.1 Failure to provide further information.
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect. When you fail to provide us with the information, we require to fulfill our obligations to you, we may be unable to offer our services to you.
4. Legal Basis
We need to ensure that we process your personal data lawfully. We rely on the following legal grounds to collect and use your personal data.
Performance of a contract:
When we enter a contract with you, we will collect and use your personal data to enable us to fulfill that service.
The use of some of your personal data is necessary for us to meet our legal obligations e.g., pension contributions for Revenue Certificates, Regulatory purposes to the Central Bank, and anti-money laundering.
We rely on your consent to send direct marketing to you. We will ensure that we present this to you concisely. We will also ensure that we use clear and plain language and if you give us your consent you can withdraw this easily at any time.
Sometimes, if you refuse to provide information that we reasonably require to provide the services, we may be unable to offer you the services, and/or we may terminate the services provided with immediate effect.
If you require further information on any of the above basis for processing your data, we can provide you with further details.
5. How we share your data
We make your information available to third-party life insurance partners (Life Insurance Companies) with whom we have a relationship, where that third party is providing services on our behalf. We will only provide those third parties (data processors) with information that is necessary for them to perform the services.
Insurance Partners where we need to manage the services provided to and share your information with your consent to our life insurance partners, you can also visit their own websites to view their own privacy statements.
6. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. This means that the period of time for which we store your personal data may depend on the type of data we hold. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. The table below outlines a general summary of our retention periods:
Data Type Retention Period
Quote Only Data 12 months
Policy data 5 years from the date you no longer hold an active policy with us
Marketing preferences Indefinitely to identify customer opt-out marketing preferences
7. Data Subjects Rights:
One Quote Financial Brokers will facilitate your rights in line with our data protection policy, available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling.
• Right to make a complaint: if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by One Quote Financial Brokers or how your complaint has been handled, you may also lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission (DPC) in Ireland, whose details are:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South,
Email: [email protected]
9. Profiling – automatic decision making.
Life Insurance/ Protection
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling, takes place when you request a personal protection quote from One Quote through our website. The insurance providers we provide quotes on behalf of, carry out this automated individual decision-making. This means that we run your personal data through algorithms and internal models set by each of the insurance providers to determine your risk profile and calculate your insurance premium. This process includes the use of information you provide to Chill in your online quote form.
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customer’s attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions. We use online tools to perform this function and to record your ESMA risk rating where you have expressed an interest in receiving our recommendations relating to any savings, investment, or pensions-related product.
10. Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data, such as health add any further special category here if needed data, we will either obtain your explicit consent or we will adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018. This Act allows us to process special categories of personal data for insurance and pension purposes. We will ensure we have suitable and specific measures in place to safeguard the rights and freedoms of you and the processing of your data.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We will use all reasonable efforts to put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, other recipients, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Data Protection Officer, One Quote Financial Brokers Limited, 11 James’s Terrace, Malahide, Co Dublin
Email: [email protected]
Privacy notice/ statement changes
When we update this Privacy Notice/Statement, we will post a revised version online. Changes will be effective from the point at which they are posted. We would encourage you to review our Privacy Notice so that you are aware of updates.
The effective date of this policy: 3rd September 2021